“How is Barclays card activate?” This is a common question many of you might be asking yourselves. And the answer to this question is not as simple as it seems at first sight. In order to fully understand how to activate your Barclaycard, you need to know more about what the process involves and its various steps in detail. Luckily for all of us, today we are going to take a closer look at this topic, so stay tuned! Read on.
Comprehensive Guide to Activate Barclaycard
If you are looking forward to activating your new Barclays card, but still haven’t done so yet, then this comprehensive guide is for you.
In the following lines, we will be going over everything that you need to know about activating your Barclaycard and how to complete each step of this process! First things first, let’s take a look at what a Barclays card actually is. It turns out that Barclaycard is one of the largest credit card providers in the UK.
This company also offers other services such as personal loans, mortgages, etc. Needless to say, it makes no sense to have a card from this provider unless you plan on taking advantage of its services as well. In order to use your newly acquired payment method as well as to take advantage of the services that come along with it, you need to activate your card.
In order for this process to take place, you have to enter certain details into your online account. In essence, the first thing you need to do is create a Barclays online account. To get started with this process, go on their official website and click on ‘Open an Account.
This will redirect you towards a new page where you have to complete several fields such as name, address, etc. After entering these details in their appropriate spots and confirming your email address by clicking on a link sent down by Barclaycard itself, your registration process should be finished!
Now that we’ve taken care of the basics regarding how to register for a Barclays account, it’s time to move on and discuss how to actually activate your new card. Luckily for us, the process is quite simple! All you have to do is go towards your account settings and click on ‘Manage Cards’.
This will lead you towards a page where you can see all of your current cards. Select a card from this list in order to access a drop-down menu with several options. Below this menu, there also should be an option called ‘Activate‘. As they say – “a picture paints a thousand words”. So take a look at the image below if you still aren’t sure about what exactly I mean:
To complete the activation process, simply follow these steps: Enter Your Pin Number – This is the number you use to confirm transactions. Your PIN is usually between 4 and 10 digits long, so make sure to remember it appropriately! The next step also consists of two parts: First, select the appropriate reason for your activation (this should be obvious). Second, choose an option regarding how you plan on using this card – “transactions outside of the UK” or “transactions within the UK”. Now that we’ve gone over what each step entails, all that’s left for us to do is click ‘Next’ in order to complete the process!
As easy as pie, right? I hope these guidelines will help you activate your Barclaycard without any problems. If you still have further questions about this topic, feel free to ask them in the comments section.
How to Activate a Barclays Card?
You probably know what a Barclays credit card is, but are you familiar with its benefits? To check them out visit the official Barclays website. A Barclays credit card offers many services apart from being used as a payment method. For example, it can be used as an overdraft facility or for getting loans. After using one of these cards at least once, it must be activated properly.
In order to make sure your Barclaycard is activated, you must follow a set of steps. It’s very easy and won’t take much time! If you’ve already got a card from this provider, then these guidelines will help you activate it properly.
The first thing you need to do if you want to learn how to activate your Barclays credit card is visit www.Barclays.com. After reaching the website, enter the data from the back of your card into their designated fields. This step can be accomplished by using either an existing account or creating a new one.
To create a new account, click on ‘Create an Account and fill in the necessary details such as name, address, etc. Once this process is finished, you can proceed with activating your card.
To get the ball rolling, just click on ‘Manage Cards’ and then select your desired card. After that, check the box labeled ‘Activate’. This will bring up another window where you must enter your PIN or answer a security question. If this is your first time using the card, it won’t be activated until you provide this information!
After all of these steps are completed, you’ll receive an official confirmation email. Most importantly – after completing all of the necessary steps, you still have to use this card in order for it to work properly! Good luck out there!
Benefits of Classic Chip Debit Card
Magnetic stripe cards and smart cards have been in use in the market for the last 40 years. However, the smart card is gradually being replaced by the contactless chip debit card in the global payment networks, because it has many advantages over other types of plastic cards. These include:
- Increased security – The biggest benefit offered by these cards is enhanced protection against fraud and financial robberies. Other than credit or debit cards, which can be easily duplicated using a scanner, this type of plastic does not have details printed on its surface.
- Because you need to insert your PIN instead of signing, it becomes harder for anyone to steal your money from an ATM machine or point-of-sale terminal. If someone tries to copy your information while you are making a payment, the card will be rejected immediately. Also, if you are using your debit card at an ATM, they need to verify the PIN before getting access to money inside of your bank account.
- Simplified checkout – Contactless cards work in a similar way with smart cards, but their main difference is that these do not require any kind of chip or pin number for transactions of low amount; usually below $25. Instead of swiping or inserting it into an ATM machine or POS terminal, all you need to do is hover it over the designated spot for a few seconds and wait until confirmation appears on the screen.
- This process takes only 2-3 seconds, which eliminates the necessity to enter additional details for small amount payments; thus reducing transaction time to minutes.
- Real-time alerts – Another useful feature offered by these cards is real-time transaction data. If you are using your card for making online payments, the system will send automatic alerts about unusual activity in your account. For instance, if someone accesses it while you’re not present, the system will ask you to confirm payment details before allowing withdrawal; this way no one can use fraudulent methods of accessing your accounts and stealing money from them.
- Technology support – Contactless cards operate on RFID technology, which means that they can be accessed with simple contact or near field communication (NFC). This kind of debit card offers better security features than other plastic cards because it uses encrypted personal identification numbers (PINs). RFID technology is a huge advantage for mobile payments which only require a mobile phone and a contactless card; thus eliminating the need to carry cash when making small purchases.
- Easy to use – Another benefit offered by these cards is that they can be used at any place in the world where credit or debit cards are accepted because such facilities already exist in many countries. Also, you do not need any kind of special training to make payments with your contactless card, because it works exactly like an ordinary plastic one!
Major Pitfalls Associated With Contactless Cards:
Although there are several benefits offered by this type of debit card, it also has some significant drawbacks associated with its use in real-life conditions:
- Higher fees – Because of multiple benefits, these cards carry more expensive transaction fees than their plastic counterparts. However, customers are able to avoid the high costs of using contactless cards by comparing the lowest rates at numerous financial institutions; this way you can find offers with affordable transaction costs.
- Security issues – Since these cards do not require a PIN number for payments under $25, they offer a higher level of risk in case your debit card is lost or stolen.
- Fraudsters can use it for withdrawing money from your bank account because all they need is to hover it over an ATM machine or POS terminal! To protect yourself against such scams simply switch on your online banking system and check transactions; if something unusual appears there, notify your bank immediately! Soon after that, the fraudulent card will be blocked.
- Possibility of losing – Another negative point associated with contactless cards is that they are very easy to lose; thus leaving you without your cash and limiting financial capabilities for days! To prevent this kind of unpleasant situation makes sure to hold your card securely in your hand at all times; moreover, if it’s lost or stolen, notify the bank immediately. Remember that you still need to keep your PIN number safe because without it you cannot stop fraudsters from accessing money inside of your accounts!
Contactless debit cards carry numerous benefits along with certain drawbacks which result in choosing between them and using plastic ones. What’s most important is not about their total value, but how individuals can benefit from their use through simple advantages, which are enough to make them very tempting for customers.
If you are planning to switch to a contactless debit card, make sure to consider all pros and cons of making payments with it; moreover, pay attention to its advantages mentioned above because they can be really helpful in everyday life!
FAQ’s: Barclays Card Activate
Q) What is a contactless card?
A) This type of debit card which is also named NFC (Near Field Communication) does not require you to enter your personal identification number, nor does it need any physical contact with a POS machine to complete transactions for goods or cash withdrawal. You can simply wave this plastic over the POS terminal without touching it! Transactions are completed by close interaction between antennas located inside of your debit card and POS device.
As soon as both devices get into the communication range, the transaction gets processed automatically; thus allowing you to quickly finish your transaction and continue doing whatever you were doing before. These debit cards are popular among people who use debit cards regularly because all they need is to wave it over the POS terminal while keeping their other hand in their pocket or bag.
Moreover, you are not required to take out your wallet from your pocket each time when you go shopping since you can simply hold your card in hand while leaving your other hand free.
Q) What are the benefits of using contactless cards?
A) Contactless Visa Debit Card provides numerous advantages that make this plastic very tempting for customers. First of all, these debit cards do not require a PIN number for purchases under $25; this way people avoid high costs associated with so-called “swipe fees” which normally come along with standard transaction fees.
Some financial institutions offer low rates for transactions above $25, but still, the principle remains the same! People now can enjoy making quick payments without extra fees. As for cash withdrawals, carrying cash is always a risky matter; thus many people avoid taking it with them since they do not want to face unpleasant situations.
Having a debit card like a contactless Visa Debit Card will make your life much easier and safer because you will be able to withdraw money from ATM machines without worrying about possible robberies or injuries.
Q) Is there any drawback?
A) Yes, of course, there are some negative issues associated with these cards; first of all this plastic does not provide complete protection against frauds like standard bank cards.
Transactions cannot be canceled once they are processed which is why if your card gets lost or stolen, you need to contact your financial institution immediately! Another thing that is worth mentioning is the matter of PIN number; contactless cards do not offer this option which means that you will be unable to use them for online shopping. So if you are planning to shop on your favorite website, make sure to check for other payment options available there.