November 7, 2016
33rd Miami Book Fair Previews from Cranberry Radio: From Security Moms to Detroit Hustling to Achieving the College Dream
Former democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is set to headline the 33rd annual Miami Book Fair. Miami Book Fair will take place at Miami Dade College, at Wolfson Campus November 13th to the 20th. Among the 500+ authors that will be featured at this year's book fair, Cranberry Radio had the exclusive opportunity to conduct one on one interviews with the upper echelon of accomplished best-selling authors.
Cranberry Radio show hosts Bennet Kelley, Maria Reitan and Byron White featured full length interviews with these best selling authors:
- Eleanor Beaton on the Work of Impact and Influence on Women - Maria Reitan interviews Eleanor Beaton on the work of impact and influence on women. Reitan states that she has always seen differences between men and women in several programs related to leadership development.
- Ari Berman and Give Us The Ballot - Bennet Kelley interviews Ari Berman on his Give Us The Ballot book. Berman was motivated by the history of voting rights and he relates it to the current issues that we are still struggling with today.
- Michael Cohen and the American Maelstrom - Michael Cohen is interviewed by Bennet Kelley on his book American Maelstrom. The book focuses on the 1968 election and the politics of division. Cohen also reflects on the current political realities that have been shaped by 1968.
- María Carla Chicuén on Achieving the College Dream - Byron White talks to María Carla Chicuén about her book Achieve the College Dream: You Don't Need to Be Rich to Attend a Top School. Her book is inspired by her own personal experience as a high school student in the United States.
- John David on How to Protect (or Destroy) Your Reputation Online - Maria Reitan interviews John David on his new book How to Protect (or Destroy) Your Reputation Online. It is a book about online vulnerability as individuals and business owners.
- Brooke Hauser on Enter Helen - Brooke Hauser is interviewed by Maria Reitan on her book Enter Helen. Her book is about people she admires and the theme of the American Dream.
- Security Mom Juliette Kayyem - Juliette Kayyem is interviewed by Maria Reitan on Security Mom: An Unclassified Guide to Protecting Our Homeland and Your Home. Her book is about putting home back into our homeland, while also stating America's security concerns.
- Laurie Levin on Life in Life - Byron White talks to Laurie Levin about her book Life in Life. Levin mentions that her book is on consciousness that does not necessarily have a corporate form.
- Lisa Napoli on Ray and Joan - Maria Reitan interviews Lisa Napoli on her latest book Ray and Joan. The book is about the the man who made the McDonald's fortune and the woman who gave it all away.
- Eileen Pollack on A Perfect Life - Eileen Pollack is interviewed by Byron White on A Perfect Life. Her book is based on a true story on genetic diseases and includes the moral difficulties of scientific discovery.
- Ina Yalof on Food and the City - Byron White talks to Ina Yalof on her book Food and the City. Yalof has a background of sociology and decided to write her book because people were talking, eating and trading pictures about food.
Miami Book Fair runs from Nov. 13-20 at Miami Dade College, 300 NE Second Ave. in downtown Miami (unless otherwise specified). The street fair runs Nov. 18-20; admission free on Nov. 18; $8 for adults, $5 for 13-18 and over 62 and 12 and under free Nov. 19-20; www.miamibookfair.com